Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||PE Polyethylene Polythene||Standard Thickness:||3mm|
|Color:||Transparent, Any Other Color Available||Maximum Width:||2 Meter|
|Length Per Roll:||Normally 30 Meter To 70 Meter||Treatment:||Ultra-violet Protection|
fluted polypropylene sheet,
polyethylene plastic sheet
From the 1960s, the polyethylene ( polythene ) film is widely used as the greenhouse roofing to replace the glass greenhouse roofing because its wider, lighter, safer, and cheaper than glass. However, the polyethylene ( polythene ) film is not good for durability. Most polyethylene film only can be used for one year. And most importantly, the polyethylene film's function of heat and cold insulation is not desirable because the film is solid single layer sheets with very thin thickness. The thickness of most PE film is less more than 1mm, which cannot keep the greenhouse heat effectively. The PE film is not favorable in the cold area, such as the North European.
Our Fluted Polyethylene (polythene) Sheets are also extruded from the PE (polyethylene, or called polythene) resin. But our sheets have the hollow structure of twin wall surfaces with vertical ribs joined between the surfaces as the photo below.
The hollow structure provides excellent thermal insulation for heat and cold because the air in the fluted is not circulated. And then the air can prevent heat exchanging because the air is the poor conductor of heat.
1. High Heat and Cold Insulation. The temperature difference between the inside and outside or greenhouse can be 15°C( 59°F) which is very favorable for the cold area.
2. Light weighted, easy for installation, and not require the heavy green greenhouse frames
3. Flexible, can be rolling up to pack.
4. Non-toxic, odorless,
5. Resistant to water and moisture
6. Resistant almost all chemicals
7. Transparent, allow the sunlight to pass through, perfect for greenhouse roofing
8. Strong and durable, can be used for 5 - 10 years.
9. Custom color available
Width of the sheet: 2 meter
Length per roll: 50 meter
Weight per roll: 60 kg
The length also can be made according to customer specific needs. At the outside of the fluted polyethylene rolls, we use the PP material sheet to protect the rolls. Please refer to the photo below.
Contact Person: Mr. Dale Yang